The Music Teacher and Strings Specialist is a member of the Academic Team. The Director will be responsible for assisting in the organization and implementation of the Music Program and will work alongside the Music team to fulfill the school’s vision for this aspect of the school’s curriculum.
- To create a stimulating and inspiring Music learning environment in collaboration with the whole Music Team.
- To prepare and maintain an orderly environment in which the furnishings and materials are complete, appealing and appropriate to the needs of the group.
- To support and co-develop a music curriculum in coordination with the Music Team and in alignment with the philosophies of MSB.
- To create concrete and supportive learning tools as required and to deliver the music programme to the highest of standards.
- To be responsible for the creation of the long and short term planning as well as daily lesson plans for your classes. These should outline the goals, content and support resources to be undertaken in your daily work with your pupils.
- To organize and lead a school choir and string ensemble
- To develop, promote and support all performing arts activities, assemblies and performances at MSB in coordination with the music teachers, lead teachers, specialist teachers, non-MSB performing arts specialists and MSB parents by way of preparing the choir, ensembles and particular year groups.
- To supervise children in small and large groups; to interact appropriately with children, using positive behavior management techniques; with consistently positive attitude; enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control.
- To adhere and to promote the MSB music program: “Music Without Borders”
- Native English Speaker: USA, CANADA, UK, SOUTH AFRICA or AUSTRALIA , effective communicator
- BA degree in Music Education or related subject.
- Minimum of 2+ years teaching experience at least
- Enthusiastic, outgoing nature
- Ability to embrace a team teaching concept
- Ability to work in a team
- Enthusiasm for new cultures and experiences
- Creative problem solving skills
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes a monthly housing allowance, annual air ticket allowance. Worldwide Medical Health Insurance is included, excluding USA coverage. School will sponsor a “Z” visa for successful candidates. All international and local holidays with pay.
Please send a cover letter and your resume to Daphne Deng at email@example.com